Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Welcome to The Life and Times of Mike

Welcome to the Life and Times of Mike!

A little background on the title and the accompanying picture for my profile - one of my favorite shows on television is The Life and Times of Tim, an animated program on HBO that is full of great characters and absolutely hilarious dry humor. I spent about ten minutes thinking, "What would be a good title for my first-ever blog?" and, well - this one stuck, and I guess it will do just fine, at least for the purpose it serves.

So, with the title my blog possesses, that indicates I will post about certain day-to-day activities, personal reactions to certain events and happenings, and a unique, individual perspective on things. I've never done this before, and while friends of mine would readily admit I'm not one to be shy, this sort of discourse is something I've never attempted before.

I can say, with some confidence, that once I get my feet wet with the whole "posting personal thoughts for all to see" thing, my posts will be insightful and full of clear, unique, and hopefully entertaining observations. With the idea of this blog as a sort of micro-publication, I hope I produce quality material that anyone that comes across it enjoys to read.

So, in closing, I highly encourage feedback to any of my posts. I may write as if I'm set in my ways with opinions or observations, but that simply is not true. What I love is conversing with others about a wide variety of topics, from politics and history to movies and music. I'll have some political stuff, but pretty quickly I'll counter it with my favorite music artists (FYI - new U2 on March 2nd!)

I can't wait to read through others posts, and I can't wait for feedback from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment